December Reads Roundup

Looking back over the past month, I was surprised to realize that I gave more negative reviews than positive ones, and that both my favorite and least favorite book were Pulitzer Prize winners.

Best Pick of the Month:
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz -- I know you've heard the rave reviews already, but if you haven't picked this one up yet, you've been missing out! Possibly the best book I've read in a long, long while.

Worst Pick of the Month:
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson -- Beautifully written, horribly boring. Twenty years from now, college freshman will suffer through it in their Intro to Modern Lit classes.

Also Read this Month:
Away by Amy Bloom
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Memories of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling

Stats:

Total Books Read: 7
Total Recommended: 3

Male Authors: 3 (1 Recommended)
Female Authors: 4 (2 Recommended)

Buy The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao on Amazon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SPAM will be promptly deleted

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL