16 minutes ago
This Christmas I gave my parents a list with a few gift ideas on it. Of course, they both looked at this rather short list and then went shopping independently, and long story short, I ended up with two brand-new copies of The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
The good news is this means Literary Menagerie's first book giveaway! The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older in United States or with an APO address. The giveaway will run from now until January 31. The winner will be announced on the blog and have 5 days to respond by sending me their shipping information. If I don't hear from you, the prize will go to someone else. Make sure you don't miss your name by following or subscribing to the blog via the handy links on the sidebar!
In addition, if whoever wins this book finishes it before I get to it (it's not at the top of my list at the moment) they will have the option of writing a guest review for Literary Menagerie, if so inclined.
I'm very excited about this, so lets get started! There are several opportunities to enter, so read carefully.
How to enter:
1. For one entry: Leave a comment on this post stating your favorite book--either in 2008, or of all time, and why you enjoy it.
2. For three entries: Blog about this contest and link back to it, then provide the link to your blog entry in the comments here. The sidebar doesn't count!
3. For five entries: Become a follower (of be one already) and make a note of it in the comments on this page.
4. For ten entries: Write a guest blog for Literary Menagerie. Subject to approval. It does not have to be a book review, but it must have to do with books or reading and it must be original (no old blog entries). The entry will be attributed to you and linked to your blog when it goes up, although I can't guarantee that it would go up immediately, depending on the response and my own blogging schedule. If you would like to take this option please e-mail me and we can talk about what you would like to blog about.
5. For eleven additional entries: Encourage those who click from your blog to here to note where they were referred from. For everyone who cites your blog, I will give you an additional entry, up to eleven.
Any questions, post them here or drop me an e-mail! Separate entries do not need separate comments as I will be keeping a running list elsewhere. The winner will be chosen at random. Be sure to differentiate yourself from other entrants if you have a common name!
End Date: January 31, 2009
Opportunities to enter: 30
Also check out our giveaway for Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson!