Surfing Saturdays 1.17.09

Welcome to Surfing Saturdays! Each Saturday morning, I'll list any links of interest I came across during the past week of surfing and give an update on my reading progress. Play along with me! You can add your own post to Mr. Linky or simply list your finds in the comment section!

So, where have I been this week? Check it out (only the best for you my readers):


Links:
  • The Linguists, a film about two professors racing around the globe to record languages that are quickly becoming extinct, was shown at the Sundance Film Festival last year and will be premiering on PBS in late February, according to Language Log.
  • Check out the longlist for Best Translated Book of 2008. The shortlist will be announced in just over a week, on January 27, and a winner will be selected in February.
  • If you haven't yet, don't forget to enter my giveaways for the Time Traveler's Wife and Sundays at Tiffany's!

Currently Reading:
  • The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
  • Shadow of the Silk Road by Colin Thubron
  • Gilgamesh translated by Stephen Mitchell
  • One Writer's Beginnings by Eudora Welty (class text)
  • Writing True by Sondra Perl and Mimi Schwartz (class text)
  • The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (audiobook)
This week, I started back at university, and haven't had as much time to read my books as I did when I was languishing about my parent's house over Winter Break, but as soon as I figure out my schedule between school and work and free time, I'll be back to reading blogs and writing reviews!

So where have you been this week? What are your reading?

WHEN POSTING WITH MR LINKY, LINK DIRECTLY TO THE PAGE WHERE YOU LIST YOUR LINKS, NOT YOUR HOMEPAGE! THIS WILL MAKE IT EASIER ON EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO READ THEM!

Addendum: it looks as though Mr Linky is down, so post your links in the comments this week!

1 comments:

Becca said...

I have today's Surfing Saturday post up. http://imlostinbooks.blogspot.com/2009/01/surfing-saturdays_17.html

Have a good one!

Post a Comment

SPAM will be promptly deleted

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL