I'm sure many of you, if not all of you, have received this award from other bloggers, (your blogs are all so awesome, I would be surprised if you hadn't) but since this award has been going around and I don't remember who all has received it, I will be fawning indiscriminately!
I hereby crown as Butterfly Awardees:
- Becky at A Book A Week -- I stumbled upon Becky's blog while trying to figure out what was going on at the end of Amy Bloom's Away (the phrasing, in my mind, was somewhat ambiguous). I enjoyed her reviews so much that I was inspired to try writing one myself, and so Literary Menagerie was born. Becky, if it were not for you, I would have sent out resumes this December, instead learning about the wonderful world of blogging!
- Trish at Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? -- Hilarious posts, great reviews, helpful advice, and a cute blog to boot! Trish's blog is always at the top of my reading list.
- J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog -- I have a sneaking suspicion that J. Kaye is Superwoman, or at the very least, doesn't actually sleep! On top of writing wonderful book reviews, she's hosting at least twice as many challenges as I'm participating in!
- Alessandra at Out of the Blue -- I love Alessandra's reviews because they not only give you a good feeling for the book, but are also easy to read and entertaining. The fact that Italian is her native language only makes this fact so much more impressive! (And the fact that after 5 years of Spanish classes I can barely communicate pleasantries, very depressing in comparison!)
- C.B. at Ready When You Are, C.B. -- His dog Dakota picks the giveaway winners! How can you compete with that?
- Serena at Savy Verse & Wit -- Wonderful reviews, great giveaways, beautiful site--my blog would have been so jealous of your blog in high school!
- Teresa and Jenny at Shelf Love -- I'm almost afraid to visit Shelf Love anymore, every time I go my TBR list gets longer! They choose books to read that I've never heard of and make 1100 page tomes sound like must reads. Shelf Love has the best taste I've come across so far.
Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to the blogs you award onto your blog.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.
UPDATE: The mission of Weekly Geeks this week was to point out our favorite blogs, so instead of creating a new post, this is now also a Weekly Geeks post. Go ahead, admire my resourcefulness.