Welcome to Surfing Saturdays! Each Saturday morning, I'll list any links of interest I came across during the past week of surfing and give an update on my reading progress. Play along with me! Leave your own links, or a link to your own post, in the comments!
So, where have I been this week? Check it out (only the best for you my readers):
- Banned books in Miami -- an appellate court upheld the banning of a book with a positive view of Castro-ruled Cuba. Should the case go to the Supreme Court?
- Not a poet? Not a problem, pay someone to be creative for you!
- Everyone has heard by now about Kindle 2, so I won't link you to another announcement post. But if you want to read a smart discussion of where the digital book industry is going and how the amazon/google debate will play out. (Think HD DVD and BluRay.)
- If you like book covers, check out this list of 30 books worth buying for the cover alone from Abebooks.
- Gilgamesh translated by Stephen Mitchell (Need to get back to this one)
- Changing Places by David Lodge (Also enjoying)
- Writing True by Sondra Perl and Mimi Schwartz (class text)
- Zig-zagging by Tom Wilson (this is for a book tour at the end of March, but I couldn't resist starting it.)
So where have you been this week? What are your reading? Let me know, leave me a comment!