Welcome to Surfing Saturdays! Each Saturday morning, I'll list any links of interest I came across during the past week of surfing and give an update on my reading progress. Play along with me! Leave your own links, or a link to your own post, in the comments!
So, where have I been this week? Check it out (only the best for you my readers):
- Are you a stickler when it comes to grammar? If so, I'd avoid this article about Britain's egregious violation of punctuation rules. And here's a defense of editorial standards to balance out the discussion.
- A mash-up version of the bestsellers' list with more info on the books--very handy for lazy people like me.
- This one had me rolling on the floor laughing--President Obama with a potty mouth! (It's from his the audio version of his book, and, in his defense, it's an impression of his friend, Ray) And if you're not up for the cursing, but still want a laugh, check out this clean, but still hilarious clip entitled Blam!
- Signed, Mata Hari by Yannick Murphy (I'm loving this)
- Gilgamesh translated by Stephen Mitchell (Need to get back to this one)
- Changing Places by David Lodge (Also enjoying)
- One Writer's Beginnings by Eudora Welty (class text)
- Writing True by Sondra Perl and Mimi Schwartz (class text)
So where have you been this week? What are your reading? Let me know, leave me a comment!